These sexy flat metal bar shelf brackets will give you the industrial rustic look you’re going for. Painted with a uniform black powder coating, they will stay exactly the same as the day you bought them.
NOTE: These are sold as singles so people can order odd quantities for any size shelf. If you want a pair, you’ll need to add 2 to your cart. 🙂
Raw steel brackets look great at first, but will always rust. Waxed coatings can rub off and eventually lead to rusting also. That’s why I choose to only use e-coating, the same heavy duty treatment auto parts get.
Each bracket comes with two 1/4″ x 2″ zinc lag screws for the wall and a 1″ #8 black screw for the shelf (pictured).
- 100% Bent Steel for maximum strength (not welded)
- 1.5″ wide & 3/16″ thick for a nice beefy look (not too big and not too small)
- Black Electrophoretic Powder Coating so the bracket won’t smear or discolor after years
- 2 holes on side fit 1/4″ lag screws. 1 hole on top/bottom are a little smaller because all you need is a general screw to secure the shelf.
- “Lip” on Styles B & C is approximately 3/4″.
- Each bracket will hold about 40 lbs each. If you’re not sure, use an extra one. Always be on the safe side.
- Industrial, Rustic, Farmhouse shelf brackets.
=-= OTHER =-=
The top is the measurement shown (6″, 8″, & 10″). Note that a 6″ board from Lowes or Home Depot is actually around 5.5″ inches. So to not have the bracket sticking out, you’ll need to leave about 1/2″ space between the back of the board and the wall. Because there’s no lip, you can actually use a bigger board for this style.
Styles B & C
The top measurement where the board fits is approximately 1/4″ shorter than the stated number (i.e. 6″ is actually 5.75″). Again, any board bought from a big box store will be 1/2″ shorter than the stated width so it should fit just fine.
Q: Why do you sell in singles instead of pairs?
A: Because some people will need to buy 3 or some other odd number because of the size/weight of their shelf. Selling the bracket as a single makes it easier on everyone.